It seems like we work ourselves up for Christmas for months. Between shopping, decorating, more shopping, parties, baking, christmas lights, snow storms, and wrapping, we prepare for Christmas with a lot of work. I love it. There is always so much anticipation for the big day. With kids there is even more anticipation. We have made him and Halle wear their Christmas clothes and he has had time out on more than one occasion for opening presents that were under the tree. We celebrated Christmas with my parents a week before so that confused him as well.
| The kids in their Christmas outfits |
| Snow day! 22 inches of snow! |
| Check out the snow!!!! |
For months we have been explaining to Ryan that Santa was going to come and bring him presents as long as he was a good boy. He probably thought the day would never come when Santa actually came to visit him. In fact I bet he probably thought that the whole thing was a hoax.
His attitude changed quickly when he realized that he did get to open presents and many of those were toys that we had been talking about for a long time.
Christmas morning was priceless with Ryan. He was so excited to see that Santa had in fact came and Santa did bring him Woody and Jessie and Buzz. He was overwhelmed with all the presents but hasn't stopped playing with them since that morning. He got all the Toy Story action figures, a new pair of cowboy boots, a stick horse, and some new clothes. Halle was a typical 4 month old and stared intentley at the wrapping paper but slept through most of Christmas morning. Oh well.
In addition to Santa, we got to spend Christmas with Matt's family. It was really nice and Ryan loves his cousins so he had a blast. We all got some wonderful gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Oakey.
Matt also was Mr. Sneaky this year and suprised me with a bike. I have wanted one for a long time and was actually shocked when I saw him bring it out. All in all it was a wonderful day. I hate that we work ourselves up for this one day and it is over so fast. I wish we could enjoy Christmas for a little bit longer.
A few pics of our Christmas:
| The fam on Christmas Eve |
| Decorating Christmas cookies with the cousins |
| The Nativity...Ryan was Joseph |
| "What is that pretty red stuff?" |
| New Christmas Jammies |
| Christmas Eve jammies and bball shorts |
| Check out my new boots :) |
| Ryan's present to dad...."Where the Red Fern Grows" book and movie |
In addition to Christmas, Halle had her 4 month check up this last week as well. She is a big girl and growing so fast. Here are her stats:
Weight: 15 pounds 4 ounces (82%)
Height: 27 1/4 inches long (100%)
Head circ.: 16.75 (87%)
She is getting really close to rolling over and smiles, laughs, and talks all the time. We love her so much!
3 comments:
Merry Christmas! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Cute pics!
SO SO SO fun and cute! Looks like tons of fun!! Where the Red Fern Grows the movie?!?! I love the book but have never watched the movie, I may need to borrow it!! Merry Christmas!!
I'm in love with Halle's shirt in the last picture. I'm going to look for one of those next year - it's perfect!
I'm bummed we didn't make it to the family Christmas party to see you guys. Who knows when our next chance will be? Summer? :) Good thing I can look at all these cute pictures on your blog!
Post a Comment