Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Over the River and Through the Woods....

Well, we have survived our first road trip with Halle and it was wonderful.  We decided to make a trip to Boise and Pocatello for Thanksgiving to see Grandma and Grandpa Dodo as well as Grandma and Grandpa Moose.  We tagged along with my parents so we had a full car load but it was a lot of fun. The kids did really well on the drive up to Boise (eventhough it took an extra 2 hours).  Halle was amazing! I was really worried about her in the car for that long but I tell ya, she played and laughed then would sleep. We had to stop a couple times to let Ryan get out of the car and to feed Halle and the weather was horrible so the roads were pretty snowy and wet (which slowed us down).  Ryan actually got to the point where he was saying, "Stupid Grandma Dodo's house!" "I don't want to go to Grandma Dodo's house!" He was so done with the car!!!  I wish I had a few pictures of all of us in the car...quite cozy!  We were saved by Ryan's portable DVD player. I think he watched 3 movies on the way there.

All of my grandparents live for entertaining visitors. We got to Boise at 9 pm and my grandma had already made a turkey (remember this was Wednesday and she made another one on Thursday) and had dinner waiting for us.  We had a great time with them and Matt and I even hit up Target at 4 am on black Friday.  Thanks for a great Thanksgiving! 

Halle just chillin' with her giraffe

The spread of food! Yumm!

My Great Grandma Lu's rolls that I made for the first time

Ryan digging in (with 3 forks!)

Post dinner snooze with daddy

Grandpa and Ryan reading The Grinch

Love this picture:  Ryan was galloping around saying "Giddy up horsey!"  If you look close, he's riding his mini horse

We also celebrated Dodo's 75th birthday while we were there

Two biggest Boise State fans!

Ryan giving kisses to his aunt Dawnee

4 generation picture!

 After Boise, we headed out to Pocatello to see Grandma and Grandpa Moose.  I feel bad but my camera was lost during this leg of our trip and I have no pictures. It was so great to spend some time with them. Ryan was so thrilled to see his Grandma and Grandpa Moose!!!  We went to dinner with them, spent some time with the Allbright clan, and went to church with them. 
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!!!!

No comments: