Friday, May 13, 2011

It's a mystery...

Somehow while blogger was down, my last post was completely deleted.  I have no idea what happened but if you missed it, #98 was my nieces and nephews.

I also completely missed #99 because I couldn't log on at all yesterday. Weird.  

My 99th happy is Matt's family. I have mentioned my family multiple times before but I have really great in-laws and can't overlook them.  

Matt is really blessed with one of the closest families I have ever seen. Almost all of his cousins, aunts and uncles, and siblings live in Springville.  It really amazes me even after being part of their family or nearly six years. They have traditions for almost every holiday and they are really pretty fun traditions. 

Just last night his cousins put together an International night. Everyone was invited but you had to bring a dish from wherever you served your mission or somewhere you have traveled. It was so yummy. We had a traditional Mexican Taco bar, authentic Brazilian lemonade, some homemade Guacamole, rice and beans from the Dominican Republic, some interesting dish from Korea, and these dumpling things from Canada.  It was really a lot of fun!  Tomorrow morning is their families annual "La Copa."  This started about 4 years ago and it is a huge soccer game for anyone and everyone to play in. They have a cheap cup from Ross Dress for Less that they pass on each year to the winner. It is hillarious. Check out this video that his cousin Tim made for it......

If you look really close, I am in the video even :) All the flags represent all the different countries represented by their family (from their missions).

In addition to his crazy cousins, Matt's immediate family is really great too.  They have always been so good to me. I really appreciate them and they really do make us happy!

Grandma Tammy and Halle

The kids having fun with Grandpa 

"Twinners"

The siblings...Matt, Callie, Natalie, Todd
They really are a great family and I love having such a fun relationship with them.  

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I know, the whole thing was weird! And I noticed that the posts that mysteriously disappeared just popped back up. Good thing. I was about to write a nasty letter to Blogger. :) (Not really. But it's tempting!)

One more day! I'm excited to see what your 100 is. Mine was kind of obvious, but it's DEFINITELY how I feel!

Whittier said...

Blog had a post about it. Apparently something went wrong and to fix the problem they had to temporarily delete all posts from the last few days. It looks like they got them back now.

That's so fun to be so close to Matt's family. I really miss family and wish they were closer.

Carol said...

The suspense is killing me! Can't wait to see what your #100 is!

P.S. I hope Tara is OK :) Can't wait to hear about her "technical difficulties"!