I have to give a shout out to Matt for just a minute! This past weekend he completed his first race and it was a big one! A year ago (before I was pregnant) I committed to run in the Ragnar (Wasatch Back) Relay race. So when I got pregnant, Matt was sort of forced into the race as we had to fill my spot. What a guy! So he has been training for the race for the past few months and really was not too excited for it. The Ragnar is intense! It is a 12 man relay race that covers 188 miles. The race starts in Logan, UT and finishes in Park City, UT. Each member of the 12 man team runs 3 different legs of the race and they never stop for like 36 hours. Not only did Matt run in the race, he also ran the three hardest legs of the race and did a great job! One of his legs was even 7 miles up hill at 3:30 AM....CRAZY!!! Of course I have zero pictures to put on here as I wasn't able to go and lets face it, Matt is not really into taking pictures like I am. I am so proud of him and the dedication he has shown through this whole thing. He is actually talking about doing a 1/2 marathon in a few weeks too....WHAT HAVE I STARTED!?!
On a completely different note, Ryan is growing up so fast! He is officially sleeping in a "big boy bed" which is both good and bad. Its good because he won't have the crib in 2 months, but its bad because he can now get out of bed whenever he wants. There is nothing more freaky than the first time he came into our room at 2AM, tapped me on the arm, and said "hi mommy!" I loved being able to put him in his crib and not worry about it but we are all adjusting. He actually fell asleep on his own, in his new bed today for the first time, he's finally getting used to it!!! He's hugging a stuffed gorilla in this picture in case you were wondering....he can't be without it at bed time!
1 comment:
You guys are so cute!! Love those summer fun pictures!! My sister LeeAnn did the ragnar race in Arizona a few months ago and she loved it, it is intense, that is cool that Matt ran it!
Post a Comment