Much to our dismay, Matt and I decided that our wonderful Chevy Avalanche was not the ideal vehicle for our situation. Matt is driving to Salt Lake every day and the gas prices are killing us! Although we absolutely loved it and were sad to see it go (I think Matt might have cried when I wasn't looking), it was a gas hog and with another kid almost here we decided that we needed to save a little money. Initially we thought we would get a car that got good gas mileage which Matt could drive to work but as soon as we realized what some of our other options were we quickly changed our minds. So we test drove this Mazda 5 and loved it! I know what you are all thinking, and I can here my brother Adam making fun of us already, "Oh Matt and Camie got a mini-van." I have to defend myself (because I swore that I would never drive a mini-van. Nothing against all you mini-van drivers but I really did NOT want a van. I guess I didn't want that soccer mom stigma quite yet) this car is a mini-van/wagon and definitely much cooler than a traditional mini-van! It gets awesome gas mileage, it drives like a car, looks sporty, but still has the sliding door feature of a van which makes getting Ryan in and out super easy. We really do love it! So I have totally convinced myself that we do NOT have a van. I just have to ignore everyone who has made the comment, "I love your new mini-van!" what do they know anyways!
On a different note, Matt's mom saved a little suit from when Matt was about 2-3 years old. We tried it on Ryan the other day and it fits him perfect. He looks so grown up and so handsome in his little suit! There are matching pants to go with it but they are WAY out of style. The first picture is kind of blurry but I love his face in it! We also went to the zoo with my parents on memorial day and got some great pictures of Ryan. He loved seeing all the animals and making their noises!
The Hogle Zoo!
3 comments:
I LOVE your car. I swore I too would never drive a minivan...now I would never go back!! Cute pics at the zoo!!
Camie!! Love your cute little Ryan and that suit, what a fun thing that it use to be Matt's!! You are looking great these days!! We will be right there with you on 2 kids under 2 boat, I am a little nervous about that one, but excited too!! Sorry I have no suggestions for you on the stay at home and working thing, let me know what you end up doing , I need some ideas myself!! Hope all is well with ya"ll!! Texas misses you!!!
Cute pictures Camie! Ryan is adorable and getting so big! You look awesome! Hope you're feeling good!
Post a Comment