Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Adam's Fight

Sometimes things happen in life that we don't understand. Sometimes we have to face things that are, well, BIG. 

For those of you who know my family well, you know that we are really close. I have three brothers who have always been some of my best friends. We are still like little kids when we get together. When the four of us are all together, we always laugh so hard!  My oldest brother, Adam, is one of the strongest people I know. He has always had this attitude about himself. The attitude like "Don't mess with me!" I actually remember one summer when Adam, Drew, and I played basketball all summer. I mean we were in the gym constantly. We all still joke about the time when we were playing pick-up games and this guy on the other team kept giving Adam crap. This guy was a shorter, black guy who was like an ex-marine or something. Adam just kept giving it back to him and they ended up in a yelling match. Adam won. It was so funny. Drew and I just died laughing. 

Anyways, about two weeks ago Adam got the news that his cancer has returned.   He had won his battle with cancer 6 years ago and he is determined that he will win this fight again!  I know that he will win this fight because it is Adam's nature. He is a winner.

As a way to tell people about his fight against cancer Adam has set up a blog. I really want people to look at it and try to gain some type of insight as to what he is going through.  I know that we can all learn from the journey that he is going through; his FIGHT.

http://myfightadam.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Wow. I had no idea. I'm so sorry. Tell your brother that his family will be in our families prayers and thoughts.

Riley and Steph said...

I'm SO sorry to hear about your brother's cancer! It sounds like he is a fighter! My thoughts and prayers are with your family! I love his blog!