I have been coaching a Mountain View High School for 3 years now and I have really loved it. This year we have had a really great season and up until tonight we had only lost one game. One game. That is amazing to go an entire season with one loss. I have been coaching this same group of girls since they were sophomores and tonight they were playing in the state tournament as seniors. There is something so different about being a coach. It isn't the same rush that you get as a player, but there is definitely an excitement about coaching in a highly competitive game. We lost tonight and I am disappointed. We only lost by 1 point to the team that was ranked #1 in the state. I couldn't have been more proud of our girls.
I have realized the past few weeks that although coaching takes a ridiculous amount of time and I really don't make any money doing it (seriously if I did the math it is probably like $2/hour if I am lucky), it makes me Happy.
Basketball is something that really truly makes me Happy.
I am not quite sure what is going to happen in the future; if I will continue coaching or not, but I know that someway and somehow basketball will always be a part of my life.
| My support group-- Don't you love the matching shirts they all had on? Thanks to Matt I am able to keep coaching and have basketball part of my life! |
2 comments:
Oh, this made me tear up. I Love love love this family picture! Great Happy Camie!
I'm glad you've kept up with bball. It would be so fun to coach. You have a great family to support you in that. What a lot of work!
Post a Comment