Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 55: Annie and Tex

We have two dogs, Annie and Tex. We got them when they were just puppies and  I have to say, they are the best dogs (except for when they bark or chew up my flip-flops) and they are a true Happy in our life.  

They are so good with the kids too, Ryan practically wrestles with them. Annie is a Golden Lab mix (well really she's just a mutt) and Tex is a pure bred German Short Hair. In other words they are really good bird dogs and get to hunt with Matt in the fall.
Annie (sorry the picture is blurry, she wanted to lick the camera)

Ryan rubbing Annie's tummy....her favorite thing in the whole world!

                                                                                                       Tex                                                                                                            (When he was a puppy he had a cool white star on his chest. We thought of the Texas Star, hence the name Tex)




These dogs are funny and they love attention. They have figured out that I am home during the day so it is not uncommon for them to literally stare at the house and bark at me until I go let them out of their pen. 

Matt loves these two so much he actually serves them dinner. No, really, I'm serious. Take last night for example, we had some pasta and some taco meat left in the fridge from a few days ago. Matt heated the food up (along with some remnants of Ryan's dinner) and gave it to the dogs with their dog food.

In the summer we take these dogs camping all the time. They are in heaven in the mountains. If I wasn't there I am positive that they would sleep in our trailer with Matt and Ryan.

Have you ever heard of two dogs that are more spoiled than that!?! 

As you can tell we love these two dogs and they make our family Happy!

2 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Smart little, or not so little, dogs.

You're so lucky! I have begged Jonathan for a dog, but with no luck.

Natalie said...

Aw, I'm jealous. Kevin's not much of a pet person, so it's going to take some serious smooth talking on my part to convince him to get a dog someday.