Thursday, March 24, 2011

Finally 1/2 way there! Day 50!

So after going back and checking out my numbering, I realized that I had two number 44's.  That means that today is in fact my 50th day of Happy! 

I've got to be honest, I am a little burnt out on this whole 100 days of Happy challenge. I have been thinking over the past few days about why I am doing this. Why have I committed to posting for 100 straight days on a blog that has a grand total of 131 posts through it's lifetime (the last 3 years)? I have stretched on my Happy a few times but for the most part my first 50 posts are truly little things in my life that make me Happy.  

I have realized that I cannot complete this task for everyone else, I have to finish it for myself.  Although my posts might be a little boring and mundane to all of you (the lack of comments the past 4 days has made this obvious to me) I have to keep going so I can continue recognizing the small things in life that truly create Happiness. 

With all this said, my 50th Happy is my family. 

I have mentioned them a few times before but I am so Happy when I am talking to my family via Skype, spending time with my family, or simply looking at pictures of my family.  I need to clarify that "my family" consists of my siblings, parents, grandparents, etc. as well as Matt's siblings, parents, and grandma.  Family in general is such a special thing and I feel blessed that we are so close to my parents as well as Matt's. We love all of them very much.

Here are a few pictures of some of our family (in no particular order):

Me and Grandma Dodo

Ryan and his cousin Bella

Ryan and his cousin Brynnley

Uncle Bret and Halle

Grandma and Grandpa Moose and Halle

4 Generations-- Halle, Matt, Tammy, and Grandma Great

Grandpa Horsey and Halle

Grandma Debbie and Halle

Grandpa Dodo and Halle

Carving pumpkins with Grandpa Birdie

Trick or Treating with all the Oakey cousins

Grandma Tammy and Halle

Uncle Drew and Aunt Chelsea and all the kiddos
I didn't have pictures of everyone on this computer so sorry if I missed you. 

We love our family!!!

6 comments:

Tarahh77 said...

Umm why does everyone in your family have animal names? Dodo? Moose? (ok I get this one) Birdie? Can you do a post on this one? I am totally curious!

Whittier said...

Family really is the greatest! Sorry I haven't commented. I have been reading. Good job keeping up with it.

Carol said...

Yay for half-way! Don't give up - I love going to Natalie, Tara and your blog every day to see what is making you happy....it makes ME happy! I love your family too - cause most of it is mine also!!!

Marisa Jean said...

You won't regret doing this once it's complete. I love reading back on stuff like this, and it always makes me recognize my blessings over the bad.

I love family, too! I didn't always, but now that I'm married, I realize just how much they mean to me.

Anonymous said...

Please tell them i am not an animal!!!!!!

Natalie said...

Love the pictures! I'm with you on the lack of comments. :) Sometimes I feel like knocking on the screen...hello? Is anyone there??